Landscape Crew Team Lead
Always accepting resumes for qulified candidates to join the Cooper’s Landscape family
The Landscape Maintenance Team Leader is an experienced landscaper working with minimal supervision. The position works as a member of the team and directs the activities of team members at a job site. The Landscape Maintenance Team Leader is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticultural practices.
- Reads landscaping blueprints, reviews plan with designer and operations manager, and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to, back hoes, bob cats, dingos, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws and drills.
- Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Complete the necessary paperwork including, but not limited to, timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions.
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also, ensures that the job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Manages a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Briefs Supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns
- Works as a member of the team.
- Helps with snow removal during winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and does so with care.
Knowledge and Experienced
This position requires experience in a landscaping or hardscaping field.
Candidate must be able to read and write eligibly.
The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural and hardscaping practices, including corrective pruning.
Strong oral communication skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
Ability to operate a truck and trailer combination proficiently.
Driver’s License is a must. Bilingual Is a major PLUS !
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop or kneel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment.
In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed or confronted by homeowner’s pets.
The Landscape Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (generally physical labor) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape laborer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
Success within this position will be measured by:
• Performance – Reviews conducted frequently by direct supervisor.
Work safely and in a responsible manner, with eager participation and initiative.
• Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
• Demonstrate active participation in regular team meetings
• Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
• Communicate to customer in polite and courteous manner
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment,
jobsites, and shop/yard areas